Artists can now live stream on SoundCloud Music through Twitch
The rise of live streaming has been one of the major storylines in the music industry during the current pandemic, with artists who normally would play live shows in person acclimating to the format and expanding it in ways no one could have predicted.
Twitch — the reliable live streaming platform originally centered around video games — has led the live streaming revolution, predating newer platforms like Instagram Live and Facebook Live by years. And now, SoundCloud Music has added the ability for artists to enable their Twitch streams right in the SoundCloud Music app!
How do I add Twitch to my SoundCloud Music profile?
It’s super easy to add your Twitch channel to SoundCloud Music:
- Make sure you’ve claimed your artist profile on SoundCloud Music for Artists
- Log in to your Twitch account (or create one) in your SoundCloud Music account
- Log in to your SoundCloud Music for Artists account
- Click Profiles & Tools in your SoundCloud Music for Artists account
- Select and add your Twitch channel, or create a new one
Whenever you want Soundcloud promotion real to post a video, just go live from Twitch and your live stream will automatically be integrated into your SoundCloud Music page for all to see! Any video you post to Twitch will also be posted to SoundCloud Music, so you don’t need to activate anything for each video you create.
Promoting your live stream on SoundCloud Music
Beyond the core Twitch integration, this new partnership brings with it several important functions for savvy creators using both Twitch and SoundCloud Music:
- Promotion: Followers, Fans and Superfans on SoundCloud Music will receive push notifications any time artists they follow go live on Twitch. Livestreams of the most popular artists will also be featured on Browse Home as well as on Twitch.
- Discovery: Active livestreams will show up on artist profile pages within the SoundCloud Music mobile app. They are also discoverable within the “Live” category on the Browse Find page.
- Insights: Using the Twitch Creator Dashboard, artists will be able to see what percentage of viewership came from SoundCloud Music on the Channel Analytics and Stream Summary pages in the section “Where did my views come from?”
As always, this new partnership costs you nothing as a CD Baby artist. If you’re distributing music to SoundCloud Music through CD Baby, all you need to do is log in to your verified account and add Twitch to start streaming!
Claim your artist profile on SoundCloud Music
The post How to add your Twitch live streams to SoundCloud Music appeared first on DIY Musician Blog.